CPB Group would like to reassure our customers that we are open for business and will continue to hold DG Driver Licence Courses, albeit with reduced numbers where required, from our Cockburn Central training room.
We take the health and safety of our customers, students and staff very seriously. No staff member or their immediate family has been overseas in the last 12 months. We are being proactive in following the advice of the Australian government health authorities and have implemented the following measures to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for our staff and students:
- Refuse entry to any person who has returned from overseas or had contact with any person returning from overseas in the last 14 days
- Refuse entry to any person who has cold or flu-like symptoms
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at Reception to be used when entering and leaving the building
- Daily cleaning and sanitising of all classroom surfaces, including tables, chairs, door handles will be completed before and after each course
- Current class size of 10 persons maximum meets 2 square metre per person requirements
- Class numbers will be reduced to a maximum of 5 students, 1 student per table, to comply with the social distancing requirements of 4 square metres per person if reinstated.
- A “No handshake policy” will remain for the foreseeable future
- Health information signage is posted throughout the building
- Course payments made on the day should be with credit/debit card rather than cash
In addition, we request that all students attending courses observe the personal hygiene recommendations of:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use your inner elbow
- Wash hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitiser
- Stay home if you are sick
If you feel at all unwell, for any reason, or have had contact with anyone known to be a confirmed COVID-19 carrier we would appreciate you staying away and rescheduling your course for a later date. No cancellation fees will apply.
Our first priority is to protect the health and safety of our customers and staff at all times and to contribute to the community efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Secondly, we want to do all we can to continue to offer our training services to our customers.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Update: 1 October 2020